Family Worship a simple guide
How do we worship as families, read, pray and sing together?
Read - Read it out aloud
- Remember God speaks to His people through his living word
- Ask questions of the passage, she suggest starting with;
- What does this teach us about God, who is He and what has He done?
- What do we learn, and what difference should it make to us?
Pray - Pray as a family
- It may be difficult but pray in one liners, like ‘thank you God for today’, ‘sorry for my sin’
- Our prayers don’t have to be performance pieces
- Remember the acronym ‘ACTS’ adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication
- Every Lord’s day when we meet our prayers take the form of ‘ACTS’. Our opening prayer is a prayer of adoration, praising God for His attributes and His actions, then we confess our sin, then we thank Him for His grace and mercy, then we pray for others.
- We also learn by singing but keep it simple
- Remember the hymns and psalms you know and sing them
- If you have amazon prime music, apple music or Spotify there are many resources, I hope to get a few on the website in the coming days.
We have added a catechism question for each day to help us all to think about some eternal truths taught by scripture.
This may be new to you or it may not, either way, let us together as the family of God read, sing, pray and learn more about our Great God!